Surviving Disgust: Navigating Through a World Filled with Incestuous Abuse

Mental health Problem- Image Source: FreePik

Feeling disgust is normal when you've been treated horribly. It's the mind's way of expressing discontent and discomfort towards experiences that contradict your values and beliefs. However, when the feeling of disgust consumes your everyday life and makes you physically ill, that's when you know it's starting to cross into unhealthy territory. It can impact your physical health and lead to the development of anxiety and depression, as it has with me.

I was unfortunately subjected to years of abusive treatment from incestuous individuals. Not only did they act with a disregard for my boundaries, but they took pleasure in it. It's despicable and their treatment of me doesn't seem to improve as time passes. In fact, it only seems to worsen. The level of disgust I felt because of this maltreatment manifested itself physically. I found myself throwing up every other day for a year, as my body was revolting against the continuous disgust I was experiencing, but not just this, I felt pain deep in my bones, an acute physical representation of my psychological discomfort.  


The Impact of Disgust and Trauma


As I look back on the last few years, I realize that the disgust doesn't just stem from those incestuous individuals. It has spread, unfortunately, to almost everyone around me. Their faces repulse me, and their voices cause an intense discomfort. My physical body and mind were continually bathed in disgust, leading me to a point of intense loathing for human contact that I had never imagined was possible. Living with such a heightened level of disgust is not healthy or beneficial in any way. It robbed me of peace and tranquility and has had detrimental effects on my physical health. I have found no way to escape the prison of disgust. What happened to me is deeply unfair, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. However, I also know that I can't live my life engulfed in disgust. I have to fight to reclaim my peace and find the strength to face the world without the barrier of revulsion holding me back. 

Popular Post

My New Single "Blasting Thru Yo Speaker' is Out Now!

Terror Firsthand #37: Those Kinds Of Parties

Terror Firsthand #15: A Horrifying Destination

Terror Firsthand #6: Visiting Kodak River for first Time

Terror Firsthand #20: Opp After Opp

Bucket List Solo Camping Planning Presents a Set of Unique Challenges and Struggles